General Data Protection Regulation 2018 – Policy Statement
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will officially come into force on 25 May 2018 and will apply to all organisations, large and small, that collect and store personal data.
- This Association will continue to collect data relating to individuals for the purposes of:
- Membership of the Association
- Exhibitor entry to the Sandy Show and any prizes collected
- Judges, stewards, sponsors of the Sandy Show and advertisers within the Sandy Show handbook.
- A signature will be required to indicate acceptance of the Association to communicate with the individual.
- Personal data recorded:
- Name, address and contact details
- Sandy Show Exhibitor number and any prizes/trophies collected at the Show each year.
- Personal data will be retained for a period:
- Membership and Sandy Show Exhibitor details to be retained indefinitely in order to maintain the integrity of MS Access database tables which are used for year-on-year statistics
- The Association will ensure that the personal data collected will be held securely by interested officers of the Association and not be used for any purpose other than required for the smooth running of the Association and the Annual Sandy Show.
A signature will be required for a membership and another signature will be required for permission/consent to collect data.
- The Association’s website will conform to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
- The Association will maintain a Privacy Document to ensure compliance through it’s website with the requirements of the General Data Protection regulation.
- Any document produced by the Association, e.g. membership form or exhibitor entry form, should state its purpose with relation to GDPR.
- Training – any officer of the Association retaining/handling personal data must be aware of the terms of the Association’s Privacy document and should not use the data for any purpose other than to ensure the smooth running of Association events.
Your privacy is important to us and any personal information provided by you when visiting this website or joining the Association, is strictly for the purpose of communicating with you regarding the ongoing events and activities of the Association and will never be passed on to any third party without your express consent, which if given initially, can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us: email@example.com
A copy of the above statement for reading offline can be downloaded here.